May 09, 2004

Random Updates

It surely feels good to be online again! Gad, I can’t live without the Internet. I’m a slave for the Internet. I was out of civilization last week because of work. I just came from a 3-day straight shoot in Calatagan, still for the same movie. Nope, we’re not done yet. We still have 1 shooting day left (I hope!) but at least, I survived the grueling out-of-town shoot. I did say before that I’m yearning to go to the beach but after last week’s beach shoot, I don’t think I wanna see the beach again. Not for a month, at least. :)

***

If you don’t wanna know the latest American Idol spoiler, then don’t click on this previous entry because my MIND correctly predicted American Idol’s Final 4. Who do I think will win? Click on my Retrostats and look at the keyword that has the most number of search queries. ;)

***

As the movie is about to wrap up shoot, I’m again in the dreaded crossroad not knowing where to go next. God is good though (as always), because this time I got 3 job offers even before the shoot’s done. Last week, I received a call from one of the TV EPs asking me to write for a syrupy youth show. I know I imposed a self-ban on writing basically because I don’t believe I’m a good writer but TV writing is where the money is. And for someone like me who has been penniless ever since I transferred to movie production, the temptation’s just irresistible. So I said yes. And I’m now asking myself if I made the right decision. Coz you see, if I stayed with movie production, I still don’t know what my next job will be. But on the other hand, did I just waste two precious years of movie production work (and a relatively high-profile albeit not high-paying assistant director job)?

Furthermore, I again got another offer to co-write a movie and the concept I pitched on the TV station’s Pitching Day got approved by the bosses and is now in process of pre-production. (They’re going to make it a segment of a noontime show first to see if it will attract an audience). I know. I’m blessed and I’m whining. It’s just that I’m so not sure now of the career path I’m about to take. Let me tell you though what I really want to do. I want to do production work for a reality show. If you’re a regular reader of my blog, I’m sure you’re perfectly aware I’m a crazy fan of Reality TV. (My greatest dream in life is to play for Survivor, would you believe?) I wanna direct or do editing work for such genre (even just a segment). The problem is there are no offers.

Decisions, decisions…

***

Carla_Fan asked me about the elections. Honestly, I’m apolitical but I do encourage everyone to vote. (I don’t know if that’s contradictory.) I believe that as a Filipino citizen, it is our responsibility to vote, pay taxes, and obey the laws (yes, including simple traffic laws.) If you’re not responsible enough to do those, then you have no right to complain about the government’s shortcomings. That’s what my Tatay taught me. The problem, though, is that I won’t be able to vote this year. I’m registered in the province and I can’t go home because of work. And I’m guilty. Really.

Anyway, just to answer Carla_Fan’s question, FPJ and Lacson will definitely not get my vote. FPJ for his inexperience and Lacson for his involvement in the Kuratong Baleleng rub-out and Martial Law tortures. I’m still part of the 24% who hasn’t decided whom to vote for president. I’m listing down the pros and con of the 3 other remaining candidates.

ROCO
(+) – I believe his intentions are noble, he has the qualities of being a good president, and his name hasn’t been tarnished in any corruption case.
(-) – His high temper and the fact that he’s not being transparent with his sickness. He’s obviously sick though.

ARROYO
(+) – If you believe in the surveys, then the only way for FPJ not to win is to vote for Gloria. I can also see that she’s a hardworking president.
(-) – Traditional politician

VILLANUEVA
(+) – I believe he is the most noble, honest and sincere among all the presidentiables.
(-) – I fear that if he wins freedom of artistic expression and intellectual discussions will be curtailed all because of “morality” issues.

As I’m writing this blog, I’m leaning towards Gloria for president.

Loren will be my vice-president. I don’t like her but she did very good work as a Senator.

For senators, I’m going to vote for the first-timers. The senate needs fresh blood. Mar Roxas, Dick Gordon and Pia Cayetano will get my vote.

Anyway, I hope you guys all vote! And I pray that we have a peaceful election. (Sadly, wishing for an honest election is just impossibility).

No comments: