April 23, 2004

Happy and Sad

How I wish I could share with you all the depressing things that have been happening on the set. I actually could but I chose not to. It's very difficult to explain why but I guess I believe that the secrets of the trade just have to remain secret. I don't know if that makes sense. In any case, I pray that the good Lord give me strength to continue with the remaining shoot days. We're supposed to be on our last stretch but boy, what a stretch it is.

On a happy note (most especially to Filipino cineastes), I got a text from Michiko that Babae Sa Breakwater has been invited to the Director's Fortnight in Cannes this year. This is really something to be proud of. The last time something like this happened was still during the days of Brocka. I've been very vocal here about my love for this underrated movie that's why I'm very glad it has finally gotten the recognition it deserves. :)

No comments: