December 31, 2005

Get-Togethers and Wish List

We had our annual elementary batch reunion last 27th. We started this tradition in 2003 and have been holding get-togethers every Christmas holidays hence. This was also one of the reasons why I looked forward to coming home this December since the reunions the past years had always been a blast. Take it to my elementary schoolmates who despite having different stories to tell, decide to forget their woes the reunion evening to party hard till dawn. This year was no different, only wilder. We rented a floating restaurant on the beachfront (the beach is just a walking distance in our town which I realized is “heaven” after I studied in the metro) for just 1,000 pesos, would you believe?! Of course the food, drinks and sound equipment are on us. Party began a bit mellow with us just singing videoke and exchanging how do you do’s but when my classmate Carl played his bootlegged copy of Junior Kilat’s breakthrough CD, that’s when the party really started. Suddenly everyone just got up and danced wildly on the floor. And the heavens agreed! There was a sudden heavy downpour with thunders and lightning, mind you, which is really funny since “kilat” is lightning in the vernacular. :) We didn’t mind it though. Maybe it was the result of the alcohol or the food binge but we remained dancing, some even going outside our cover to dance in the rain. It was party heaven! I never realized my elementary friends could party like that. Man, Junior Kilat is good! For NU107 listeners, they may be alternative reggae gods but for us Visayans, they’re novelty dance gurus who know how to start a party! I got to have their album! :)

The following day, former classmate Arvin made paksiw from the leftover lechon and we went to the beach again to continue the drinking session. :)

Here are some pics, the wholesome ones at least, since most of the pics were of the adult nature. Needless to say, there was also some partial nudity involved when everyone undressed after getting soaked in the rain. :)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

***

I decided to copy Saffron Blue and write my own wish list for 2006. However, they are really wishes in the truest sense of the word since I doubt if I’m ever going to attain them in 2006. They’re also purely selfish. Hahaha! Hindi naman kasalanan ang mangarap, di ba?!? :)

1. A DVR
2. A car
3. A new but affordable apartment for Michiko, Rose and I
4. A Bora vacation
5. A trip outside the country but should not be an Asian country
6. A lovelife!

Some wishful thinking, huh?! Hahaha! :) Seriously, I wish nothing but good health and continued blessings to my family and me. 2005 has been soooo good to me! It’s the best year since I started working and I’m so grateful to God for everything. I don’t want to leave 2005! Really.:( Hay. I just hope 2006 will be equally good.

Have a safe and happy New Year, you all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm... the girl with the white lace(?) top is yummy ha... set up mo naman ako for a date! hahaha!

cheers bro!

sisig
justpressstart.blogspot.com

beatlebum said...

hahahaha! kaw talaga! layo province namin. way down south. :)