June 13, 2004

Never Be The Same Again

I am still shocked to even think about what I will do next. I am honestly helpless. I don’t know what to do. There was an emergency meeting last Friday and the network bigwigs informed us that the youth show is now going to be a 6-day soap opera. And we still have to premiere 2 weeks from now. Needless to say, I’m shocked. It’s so fucking’ unfair! Foremost, I said yes to a youth show, not to a soap opera! Don’t get me wrong. I have high respect for soap opera writers (being a former one myself) but I don’t respect the genre. Argh! I still want a social life. I still want to do production work. I cannot commit one year of my fuckin’ life to a fuckin’ soap opera! What makes me mad is that the more I look at it, the more I see that it’s purely a materialistic corporate move because I don’t think it is a good move, career wise, for the young actors the show’s supposed to launch. You might say, why don’t I resign? Yes I can but it’s not that easy because “politics” is involved here. It’s both a lose-lose situation for me if I resign. I will appear (and feel) inconsiderate coz’ I’m the only writer (aside from the head writer) and this is a period wherein the team should work together to be able to meet the launching date. More importantly, resigning would also mean killing my TV career. In this cutthroat world of showbiz, I am pretty sure that the “people up there” will see to it that I made a very big mistake if I quit. I don’t know what to do. I don’t like what’s happening with my life. :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear of this latest development. :(

I hope your creative juices will be flowing, and will help you find a "win-win" solution. Will be rooting for you, as always! :)

~ Carla Fans