September 17, 2004

Just Can't Get Enough



Few hours from now and it's going to be the 60-minute premiere of Survivor: Vanuatu! WOO-HOO! Argh, from The Amazing Race 5 to Survivor: Vanuatu, di ko na kaya to! :) I'm even listening to the new Survivor Theme while I'm writing this. I'm not really that much excited with this one as I was with the previous shows, probably because of the fact that this is the 9th Survivor and the story editing is already predictable, but still, Survivor remains to be one of my all-time favorite TV shows. I don't know if I already said this before but the reason why I love it is because while for other peeps, Survivor might be classified as "reality", for me it's actually "escapism". You know, you create your own rules, moral values (or lack thereof), and social order while playing "bahay-bahayan" in your own lush island. I mean, what's more fantastical than that?! ;)

And you know what's more good news for Filipino Survivor fanatics like me? Okay, okay.... Studio 23 will bring former Survivor winners here in the Philippines this October! Yes, that's what my insider friend told me! Happiness! :D I will kill to be able to have my Survivor Amazon buff signed by its winner Jenna Morasca (who already confirmed in her website, btw, that she's coming.) I hope Rob Cesternino or Thailand winner Brian Heidik will also come here coz they're two of my ultimate faves. I followed their gameplay and reached Final 2 in a Survivor Fantasy Game in some internet forum more than a year ago. (Dude beat me, grrr! :D)

Going back to Vanuatu, I usually give my predictions as to who'll win based on the editing lines of the first 3 episodes but just for fun, based on their pre-show interview in the official website, the following I believe, have what it takes to be the Sole Survivor...


1. CHRIS - Watching his pre-show interview, I can see the hunger in his eyes. His motor mouth also reminds me of Pearl Islands Winner Sandra which probably means he is a good TV character.



2. RORY - Never underestimate the lone African American contestant. He seems to be downplaying his being smart but I think he's got a lot of tricks to offer under his sleeves.





3. ELIZA - She's on Friendster! A certified Reality TV geek and appears to be Rob Cesternino's female counterpart.





4. LEANN -This female band singer seems so "groove" in her pre-show interview. She might be a longshot but nevertheless, a dark horse.



5. TRAVIS - He reminds me of that cool dad in the first season of The Simple Life. And with me always rooting for the villains, I think it would also be refreshing to see a nice guy finishing first this time.


Let's see if I still "heart" them after the first episode. :D

No comments: