December 27, 2003

Blogging On

Damn these PCs here. (Read my previous entry to know where I am). They're too freakin' slow and full of virus! They won't follow the Sign Out instruction nor open my Friendster page correctly. To those who sent me a message and asked me to be their Friendster, I'll get back to you later. Goodness, there are only 4 days to go till the new year and I'm still grumpy. I'm sorry. :)

I really really hope the coming year will be a good one for me. 2003 which is supposedly my year since I was born in the year of the goat (or sheep, depending on which animal you wanna be associated with) just plainly sucks! Lots of career downs and very few career ups! No money! No lovelife! LOL! :D I guess I'm excused to be this whiny so I can finally get this out of my system before January 1. Heh. :) I promise I'll be cheerful by then (or at least try!).

I will come up with my list of 2003 Top 10s in Pop Culture (music, movies, music videos) in the coming days. I don't really have the authority to say what's best or not but who cares! I'm a narcissist, remember, so I just wanna share my favorites to everyone no matter how unpopular they are. Expect everything to be subjective in that Top 10 list. ;)

I've been watching a lot of good videos lately. Election is indeed worthy of its critical acclaim. It's the perfect example of a teen movie that actually has depth. I also got to rediscover Amores Perros. I didn't like it when I first saw it during Cinemanila 2002 but I guess I expected too much then. Besides, my movie partner that time kept on interrupting me (wink, wink! ;) ). Movie watching is just sacred for me and I just hate it when someone's cellphone's turned "on" or someone rudely takes calls during screentime. Ugh! Next on my list of videos to watch are Igby Goes Down and the animation (or is it?) Waking Life. I hope they're as good as those former two.

Tomorrow, my elementary classmates and I are going to have a get-together at the beach. It's been a long time since I saw them (or went to a beach for that matter) so I hope it'll turn all good. I only kept in touch with a few of them and we don't share the same wavelength already (I mean, you don't really share that much angst and passion in life when you're still in elementary, do you?) but I am sincerely excited to see them again. I guess there's a part of me that's clinging on to those innocent past; when life was still simple and the only thing you cared about's winning the games you play.

This is also the same feeling I felt last 24th during our neighborhood Christmas party. Seeing the genuine happiness in everyone's faces was just an "awwwww" moment. :)

Okay, I don't know what to write already. Besides, I can't concentrate anymore with the noise going on here (some F4 song's loudly played in the background, apart from the rowdy teen customers). So I'll stop now. Happy New Year na lang everyone! To qoute the Eraserheads, rise and shine this New Year and beyond! :)

No comments: