January 02, 2005

New Day

I'm sitting in the local airport waiting for my plane to arrive so I figured I’d just write a blog entry to kill time. Grabe, the vacation was really fun. It was a needed break after one year of non-stop working. Not that I was completely rested during the whole break. I had to finish a script the first few days of my vacation. Sucker, I know, but I couldn't ask for anything more. I miss my family so badly and I miss the laid-back lifestyle of my small hometown so being back home was more than enough.

Sidetrack chika: I got here the eve before Christmas and saw Nancy Castiliogne on the same plane with me. I wasn't really surprised that she'll hide away in my hometown for the vacation. After all, we're home to one of the country's best resorts. My prying eyes couldn't help but noticed who's she with though. Haha, stop me! She was cuddling with a certain guy who I thought was just her PA at first. My bad! You get the picture?! :D It's just that after Lucky Manzano and Paolo Contis... my eyes couldn't believe what I saw. Nancy just gave us, average-looking folks, HOPE to find a prized catch. Hahahahaha :D I am sooo superficial. Later I found out that she's actually dating the OWNER of the famous beach resort who's also the son of an 80's singer and an infamous congressman. Hope went pfft.

Back to my vacation entry (heh!), surely, the break was short but I did learn a lot while I was here. It made my eyes open again to some life facts that I shouldn't forget. First, it made me aware again of my roots and being aware of where I came from makes me more humble and more accepting of the fact that I came from a poor background and no matter what I achieved or who I'm friends with now, that fact wouldn't ever changed. (Don't ever be delusional, Teddy boy!) It also made me realize that God has really blessed me much and I should stop complaining if ever I couldn't have some petty material stuff. Coming home also made me aware of the poverty and illiteracy that have always existed in my hometown and had me hoping that I could also be of help to alleviate these problems. Not by looking down of course (as most always do) but by understanding and really caring for these peeps. The face of poverty couldn't any be any more specific than my 10-year old Muslim cousin (well, he's Catholic now) who has to stay with my family after his father (my uncle) died 2 years ago. My cousin's mother had to give my cousin and his siblings to different relatives for them to survive and I just felt the impact of how difficult it was for my cousin when he suddenly cried the eve of New Year. It's been two years since he last saw his family and I really felt sorry for him.

Okay, I'm going to segue to another topic (writer, my ass! :D) by looking back at my New Year's resolution last year. I think I've achieved most of them so I don't think there's any harm in making another list of resolution for 2005.

1. SAVE MONEY. Okay, I wasn't able to do this for the first six months. After all, what is to save when my income in mainstream moviemaking wasn't even enough to pay for my bills? But I did save some during the last half of the year. Just enough to buy myself the notebook I'm using now and for me to move to a more comfy abode with my friends. Still, I will continue to make this a resolution for 2005 especially now that my TV show might be ending soon ("might" is the operative word since last I heard, we're extended one season more). Showbiz is also unstable. Heh!

2. JOG REGULARLY. Ugh. It was only during the last month that I was able to jog on a regular basis. It's all about the shoes! My old running shoes got torn and I didn't have money to buy a new one. And when I already had the money, I didn't have time naman. But I promise, I will jog regularly this time. I'm envious of my friend Marlon who's so fit right now just by jogging in the UP Oval daily. I still want a good bod. (I actually thought of going to the gym but it's just too expensive for me and I'm scared of those gym "sex" stories. Hahaha!:D)

3. STOP SMOKING. Hey, resolution achieved! Didn't puff a stick last year. Although I still want to experience "juts", I will continue my non-smoking habit. (Okay, okay, I was able to smoke pero this year na, 2005, during my rowdy yet hellava fun reunion with my elementary schoolmates! :D)

4. DON'T DRINK ALCOHOL. Resolution achieved too! :) I really don't like alcohol so this one's easy for me. Besides, I'm also not the barhopping kind, so... (Okay, okay, I drank one beer during Star Cinema's Christmas Party but only because I got thirsty from dancing and I already used my H20 stub. I also drank too much, I believe, during the same elementary reunion, but again, that was already in 2005. I am so petty, noh?! :D )

5. READ MORE. Boo me. Since I haven't got much time to read books, I ended up giving those 99-peso books I bought in National as Christmas gifts to my friends. Hahaha :D But this will continue to be a new year's resolution. This will also help me improve my limited English vocabulary and elementary grammar skills.

6. STOP THAT INSECURITY CRAP! I AM insecurity crap! This will not be a new year's resolution anymore.

Additional resolution for 2005...

7. GET A LOVELIFE. Hahahahaha! I hope to prioritize this over work this year. For chrissake, I'm already 25. I should be in a relationship already! (Okay, this is embracing the norm but... hahahaha :D I'm embarassing!)

8. BE MORE SPIRITUAL. I want to be closer with my personal savior Jesus Christ. I'm serious!:)

9. Finally, DO SOMETHING FOR THE COMMUNITY. I still don't know what, I still don't know how but I really wanna be of help. I don't know. Basta, I want to make a difference! Vote for me in the Bayaning Pilipino Awards 2006, joke! :D

Whew! The plane is about to leave. I'm nervous.

6 comments:

Ros said...

Happy new year Ted!
Good that you enjoyed your vacation. It was a well-deserved rest for you.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, beatlebum! :) Sounds like your vacation managed to get you re-"centered" and focused. Goodah!

I had fun reading your NY resolutions! :)

I'm curious -- do you have a "plan of attack" for getting a lovelife? Maybe I can pick up a few tips. hehehe!

I like your second-to-the-last resolution. I should add that to my own list.

And I especially agree with the last one... about giving back to the community. That's been on my mind lately also, especially with our super typhoon / landslides / calamity plus the recent earthquake / tsunami.

~ CF

saffron_blue said...

"get a lovelife"?! obviously "bets" don't work. why dontcha try the old-fashioned way called panliligaw? and then write about it in your blog. that should be an interesting read. hehehe

beatlebum said...

miaka, thanks! :) happy new year din! :D

cf, plan of attack...hmmm...wala pa 'cept to find the one. hahaha :D sure, i'll appreciate some tips.

saffron, thanks for passing by my blog. sino kaw? :D

saffron_blue said...

it's me dude. yo, yo, yo. changed my nickname cause you exposed me, you bad boy you.

beatlebum said...

saffron: masyado kang paranoid. :D