August 07, 2008

Dumaguete Trip Day 1

So hayun, after 1 long school year, I decided to pack my bags and go home for a well deserved vacation. However, bigla kong naisip na it's been more than a year na rin since I've been to Dumaguete City. (Four years akong tumira dun when I studied high school in Silliman). Kaya kahit wala sa plano, side trip agad! Naisip ko tamang-tama lang because my high school friend and co-iskolar ng bayan Sanda is celebrating her birthday so makakaiwas ako sa paglilibre ng friends ko. Hahahaha! 1 year nakong walang trabaho kaya wala talaga akong pera. Oo na, defensive nako! Hahahaha! Sanda owns a travel agency kaya tinulungan na rin nya ako sa paghahanap ng murang accomodations (Orientwind! That's the travel agency you should go to when in Dumaguete. Plugging! :D)

Cebu Pacific ang plane na sasakyan ko and nalaman kong lumipat na pala sila ng terminal sa NAIA 3. Nag feeling Chinese tourist ako and decided to take some pictures while waiting for my flight. Besides, napaka-kontrobersiyal nitong NAIA 3, kaya dapat lang na makita nating lahat kung san napunta ang ating pinakamamahal na taxes. (Shet, 1 day pa lang ako dito, nahihirapan nakong mag-Tagalog! Haha :D)


Check-In Counter. Magulo raw dito a day before.



My destination!



Pa-cute habang naghihintay ma-check in! :)



Sarado pa ang mga restaurants sa taas!



Terminal fee counter



Empty ang immigration area!



Di pa tapos!



Picture-picture sina Pinay at Afam hubby!:D



May walkalator! Go Feist! :D


Natulog lang ako buong flight. Pagkagising ko, Dumaguete na! :)


In fairness sa pangalan ko! Hahahaha! :D


On my way to Harold's Mansion, my classmate Doctor AJ texted me. Off duty na raw siya sa hospital in 15 minutes so I told her to come to Harold's.


I didn't kid, it's really called Harold's Mansion. :D


Makulay ang buhay...



Hindi halatang galing 36-hour duty! :D


I still haven't eaten since breakfast so I told AJ that I wanna go to Silliman Cafeteria to eat. (I miss their cheese bread and fresh milk! :D) But she suggested that we go to Taster's instead. I readily agreed kasi sobrang na-miss ko na rin ang burgers nila. They have the best tasting burgers in the world! (Even my US-based classmate Michael agrees. You should go to Tasters if you visit Dumaguete.) Another classmate, Attorney Marita later joined AJ and I in Tasters.


Taste
r's Facade


Ang mura, promise!


The picture doesn't justify the taste! :)


AJ and Marita!



Marita had to leave us after. AJ and I then decided to go to our former alma mater Silliman. On our way there, another classmate Attorney Rica texted us. She wanted to join us too. After meeting Rica, we went inside the campus. I had my picture taken in front of my former high school dormitory. (I wasn't able to enter because it's now a lodging house for Korean exchange students). There's a new commercial building inside called Portal West. Meron daw KTV place sa taas. We got excited so we spontaneously went there at nag-videoke kami! :D Renair, another high school classmate joined us later.


Portal West


The Portals of SU



Rica and AJ!


My high school dorm!


Renair won't sing!


Rica and I singing our HS anthem, Eheads' With A Smile!

After singing videoke, we had dinner in Cafe Mamia along Silliman Boulevard. Marita rejoined us for dinner. Chismis, chismis tapos dumiretso na kami sa Hayahay Bar to meet Sanda (she also owns the place) and surprised her with an asalto for her 29th! :D I got to meet his BF rin. Hahaha. Sanda's NBSB before and she's secretive so I'm sure she hated it that I was able to capture on video his BF kissing her happy birthday. Hahahaha! Peace, Sands! :D Another classmate, Gian, was also there. (BTW, Enchi performed in Hayahay that night so to their fans, I was able to get a short clip of them performing Tropical Depression's Kapayapaan. :D)


AJ holding her sausage in Cafe Mamia! Haha!



Hayahaaaay!


Excited nakong kainin 'tong giant lapu-lapu sa pabirthday ni Sanda mamaya! :D


The birthday girl holding my gift!


Gian looks like Ryan Sheckler noh? He also skateboards.





Surprise, surprise!:D



Enchi's Kapayapaan!

Obviously, I went home very late and woke up late too. Ngayon pa lang magsisimula ang Day 2 ko. For financial reasons, di ako makakapag dolphin watching sa Bais or go to Bahura or go to that resort where Ryan proposed to Juday (hahaha :D) but it doesn't matter. Day 1 pa lang sulit na! And cliche man pakinggan but tama yun, it doesn't matter where you are as long as you're in the company of good friends. Hehehe! :D

ETA: To my high school classmates who are in my Multiply contacts, naay ganahan isulti si Renair sa inyoa...

No comments: